Project 52:13
Motherhood is:
Going.
Sorting, Packing, Boxing, Selling, Moving.
Going.
I knew it would happen at some point and it happened last week. I just didn't have my blog post ready and I didn't even have the energy to stress over it. I have lots of excuses. None that really matter, but they are still excuses. Hopefully it will be a long while before I fall behind again. Hopefully.
Sorting, Packing, Boxing, Selling, Moving.
Going.
I knew it would happen at some point and it happened last week. I just didn't have my blog post ready and I didn't even have the energy to stress over it. I have lots of excuses. None that really matter, but they are still excuses. Hopefully it will be a long while before I fall behind again. Hopefully.
In preparation to place our house on the market I enlisted a lot of help. My mother came for a short weekend. We washed all my blinds, windows and screens, made an Easter cake, touched up the walls and woodwork - after finally finding the right paint and dyed Easter eggs. (We had to squeeze in the kid activities!) It may not sound like a whole lot, but we busted our tails all weekend! Thank you, mother!
Then, my mother-in-law came the following week so I could pull off a garage sale. I'm still surprised we made almost $400.00! I am not sure if I am more excited about the money or having the STUFF out of our house. I don't stay up on garage sale trends, but was shocked that my Friday sale was much busier than Saturday. Those that showed up on Saturday were guaranteed a great bargain and everything I had left went to a friend who is selling it to support a summer missions trip. I couldn't be happier!
And now it is done! All of the junk I was ready to depart with is gone and our house is officially on the market. A huge weight has been lifted!
Now to just keep the house clean . . . all the time. Ha! And to finish filing taxes and . . .
Anyway, have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Have a great weekend too! Glad everything is up and going with the house sale.
ReplyDelete